June 2012 - Dwayne Green
Thank you for your time and best of luck in your upcoming powerlifting endeavors!
- Please introduce yourself. Who are you? How old are you? What are your hobbies (other than powerlifting)? Please give the readers an idea of what it’s like to be you.
My name is Dwayne Green. Im 21 years. My hobbies are video games, comics, watching anime and hanging with friends and family.
- Where are you located in Georgia and where do you train at?
I live in Woodstock GA and train at Growlers gym in canton.
- What is something that most people don’t know about you?
Most people dont know that I really like to bake hahaha.
- What is your occupation?
I currently work at walmart in the electronics department
- Do you find that your occupation interferes with competing or visa versa?
At times my job can get in the way with trying to get the meet days off.
- How many years have you been competing?
Been competing 1 year.
- How did you get into powerlifting?
At age 6, I saw Powerlifting on ESPN and I was hooked from there on. I loved to lift anything and everything and for the past 3 years I've been mega serious about it…Powerlifting is my passion
- What are your biggest squat, bench press, deadlift and total numbers?
Squat-455lbs Bench 320lbs Deadlift 463lbs.
- What titles, records and achievements have you accumulated during your powerlifting career?
Won a gold medal at 2011 GA state meet. Showed my hard work paid off.
- Can you describe your training philosophy and/or a typical training session?
Just have fun with training really. Keep it positive is key.... monday legs, tuesday bench, wednesday squat, thursday upper body circuits, friday back and rest the weekend.
- Do you compete equipped (squat suit, bench press shirt & deadlift suit) or unequipped (no suits) or both?
- What weight class(s) and divisions(s) do you compete in?
275 and SHW in the junior division.
- What is your favorite lift, squat or bench press or deadlift or all three?
- Who is the most impressive lifter you have competed against?
- Who do you think is the greatest lifter of all time?
For me its a tie between Mark henry and ed coan.
- When was your last competition & how did it go?
Last meet was in november at the GA state meet. It was my very 1st meet and I loved it.
- Do you have any upcoming competitions? If so, when and where?
Next meet is the GA games July 7th.
- How do you prepare for an upcoming competition?
Set up a program with my coach todd gralnik and then we go hard for 7-8 weeks.
- Describe your nutritional intake for an upcoming competition?
Eat a lot of chicken, fish, eggs and oatmeal.
- Is there anything you will do differently to prepare for your next competition that is different from your last one?
Be stronger hahaha.
- How many meets do you compete in each year?
This year im trying to do 2-3 meets.
- Who is your greatest competitor/rival?
Dont have one yet.
- What advice & tips would you give to a powerlifter that is just beginning? If you are just beginning, what advice have you received from other lifters or coaches?
Dont be scared to fail. It can hold you back if you think about getting a weight and be a sponge when you got a good group of people to help ya out.
- How has powerlifting changed your life?
Powerlifting has made me a much healthier person. Its my passion so I love to do it.
- Do you stay in touch with lifters you compete against?
Yes I do
- What is your #1 or most prestigious meet you ever competed at in your career?
USAPL GA state meet.
- Do you compete in any other strength sports such as Olympic lifting, strongman, highland games, etc?
I dont compete but I do train the strongman and olympic lifts.
- What is your favorite memory from any powerlifting competition or event?
All my friends and family cheearing me on when I pulled a PR deadlift.
- Anyone you would like thank for helping you along the way in your Powerlifting career?
Id like to thank todd gralnik the owner and my coach at growlers gym, QNT for sponsoring me and helping with my supplements, Disciple Training gear for sponsoring me, my Family and friends.
- Anything else you would like to add?
Very happy to be the lifter of the month and hope to meet more amazing people in my powerlifting career. And checkout my interview on QNTusa.com and my youtube page